New doctoral programme at the EHESS
Starting in the 2020-21 academic year, aspiring doctoral students will have the opportunity to enrol in a new doctoral programme at the EHESS (ED286) entitled: “Terrains, textes, interdisciplinarité” (2TI) (field investigation, textual corpuses, interdisciplinarity).
This doctoral programme is mainly aimed at students who have completed two multidisciplinary master’s programmes at EHESS: Etudes asiatiques (Asian Studies) and Sciences des religions et sociétés (Social and Religious Sciences), both of which are co-accredited with EPHE/PSL. However, the programme is open to candidates working on a wide variety of subjects and methods of investigation, neither exclusively on Asian studies nor on religious issues. It welcomes doctoral research projects that study a wide range of situations and questions, both current and past. Whether examining systems of thought, belief and representation, political institutions, social organizations, the spatial configurations of activities or other topics, projects are expected to draw on several traditions and disciplinary debates by applying them and confronting them with sources acquired either through field investigation, archival sources, or the critical reappraisal of textual corpuses. The pedagogical team is composed of faculty who are specialists in various cultures and periods and who work in several disciplinary fields. This team will ensure a coherent supervision, in particular to accompany the thorny phases of the thesis between data collection, processing and analysis, and the final phases of writing, publication and restitution of the results of the research.
This new PhD programme will offer a doctoral contract as of this year’s competition. The terms and conditions, as well as precise instructions will be communicated to you shortly. For those who would like to apply this year, please take note of this calendar:
- 7 September 2020: Deadline for submission. The applications will then be transmitted and evaluated by the members of the 2TI doctoral training pedagogical team.
- 11 September 2020: Selected candidates for an interview will receive an invitation.
- 15 September 2020: The interview, in person (54, bd Raspail 75006, Paris) or by telephone (depending on the health context), will last about twenty minutes in the form of an interview with the members of the jury.
- 22 September 2020: The doctoral contracts for the EHESS ED are awarded by the Doctoral School Council meeting as a jury.
- 24 September 2020: Communication of the results on the EHESS website.
More information is also available on the EHESS website.